Monday, May 26, 2008

How do you know the end?




How do you know when it's the end? Lights on at the club, casket carried to the grave, termination papers served, I thought endings were easy to identify. Friendship is harder. People grow up; people grow apart. One of my best friends for last 6 years and I are currently not speaking. Without belaboring the details, I'll try to hit key points. We took trip together and visited some of his family. He was humiliated by my actions and barely spoke to me during trip. Instead of trying to deal with it then, I chose to wait til after trip to deal in an attempt to minimize negativity while on trip. I really didn't want a full blowout thousands of miles from home. After home, he said he couldn't talk to me about it and needed more time/space. So going on a month now I have given just that. It feels weird not talking for so long when we would talk everyday if not every other day. But over this time I've also had time to reconsider our friendship. It is weird because I don't really feel all that sad...just upset that we never got to talk about it...never really made an attempt to understand each other's feelings. I've lost touch with friends before, even best ones, but never amidst a fight (well if you can say that a mutual decision to not talk a fight...not much action). With this much time gone past, I'm not sure if I ever will hear anything from him. I guess that's okay. I can't sit and wait. My life has already gone on, but I had hoped his friendship would be still be part of it. I'm happy and thankful for all good and bad times. I know I learned a lot, but also know that nothing lasts forever. So here is goodbye....

No comments: